Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Here We Got Again

I am excited for tonight's third election 2008 debate, although I don't know why. I've decided when any of these 4 open their mouths, it means hours of work for me to fact check any damn thing they say.

On a REALLY GOOD day I might spend one. And that's ONLY because I'm on maternity leave and have access to my laptop every few hours when I'm stuck on the couch for an hour feeding baby Rachel. During my "normal" life, if I spent an hour or two a week tackling this stuff, it's a good week.

So here's why this post is labeled "annoying": Why can't politicians not vacillate between talking in empty hyperbole, and then borderline (or in some cases flat out) lying? Can't they talk straight, in specifics, without bending the truth?

The American people just don't have time for this. People are busy raising the kids that the healthcare debate's out, and working the jobs that the economic debate's about. It sucks that we can't just tune in and listen and know who our preferred candidates based on our meshing with their politics.

Not who's whipped up the most inspirational speech or worse, the biggest tall tales.

And everyone, one last request. Please let's drop the affected accents when you're talking to us "regular folks." Obama's got his and I know for damn sure Palin's got hers. Maybe Biden should debate McCain because at least I could focus on their words not whether they're dropping their g's.

No comments: