Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I Thought I Grew Up When I Stopped Watching the Real World

But I realize I have not because I am still addicted to bad reality TV. As evidenced by the fact that I just got up, left the room where my husband's watching TV, so I could come into the bedroom to watch the second episode of the night of Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood.

It's odd how simple demographics can make you feel like this (crossing my two fingers together, ala we are tight) with B list celebs you have never met. They have a toddler son and are expecting (well, now have, as of June I guess) a new daughter just like us. Also they were moving in the middle of her third trimester.

Thought interspersed with discussions about Tori's jewelry sales on QVC and what color to choose for their real silk tailored curtains and how many millions they can afford for the new house...well, the rest of the discussions could be right out of house.

When you're pregnant no matter who you are or what hot sh*t life you lead, there's a lot of boring and leveling talk about contractions, doctor visits, eating too much, gaining too much weight, and, if you're pregnant with #2, how are you gonna manage it all. Former 90210 mogul daughters are no exception apparently and I find some odd comfort in that.

Though I do know, oh yes, that it's so wrong to watch it and especially to justify it and philosophize about it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was watching it last night TOO! And I Tivo it. I think there is an in-patient center we should both be at right now to deal with this problem!

erindelanty said...

Sign me up, cause I'm in to this one, too. In fact, I just watched them both on the today show a few minutes before reading this and I'm sitting there thinking how I feel like I know them a little... too weird.

ps - If you stopped watching the real world you're better than me cause I must admit, secretly I will flip on to that occasionally, too. Now, that's a serious problem.

Sarah Guckes said...

I love that show.....I'm a total addict!