Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hot Topics in the Muldrow Household This Week

Bernie Mac passed away. We really liked him. We got into his Bernie Mac show reruns for a while. Did you ever watch them? "America, I tell you ..." this is a loss, and he was only 50, geez.

The Olympics. I love that they're on now ... if baby girl hurries up, they officially will mark her birth, but either way, I'll connect the two. Also, clearly Mike and I both love flopping down to watch TV after kiddo #1 goes to bed, but usually it's a fight on choices or sadly, we may retire to separate areas. Suddenly we're not only -

OKAY PHELPS JUST GOT HIS WORLD RECORD AND THE GREATEST OLYMPIC RECORD OF ALL TIME. HOLY CRAP!!!

Ok, back to it ... now we automatically agree on what to watch - volleyball, gymnastics, swimming, whatever! I have to say I'm loving it all - and God knows this is not an athlete typing. I just find it really inspirational and just, cool. I scheduled my night around women's gymnastic finals. I am teaching Matthew the difference between Kerry Walsh and Misty May. We are passing out in bed at night to medal ceremonies, and waking up to all this great, positive coverage on the Today show (such a nice change from war coverage and gas hike stories, isn't it?). What a positive, cool thing we get to witness every four years. (Yes, definitely biased for Summer over Winter games, sorry ski bums.)

The baby flipped! Guess my sad little homegrown baby flipping stretches worked. Either that or she really is a good baby after all. I was shocked when two seconds into the ultrasound, the tech said, "Okay, the head is ... DOWN." Well I'll be. I don't think my womanly senses are honed because I had no clue when she flipped, either way. Are there people that know this? Perhaps you also know how to do your hair and pluck your eyebrows properly. I must have missed a few How to Be a Lady classes along the way.

A lovely white vinyl fence now exists around our yard. Dogs are contained, toddler contained, yard looks good, neighbors happy with fencelines, all is well on West Old Watson. Except for my checking account after I write yet another giganto check associated with our move/this house. But if this ends our constant dog walking/dog in the yard monitoring, it is worth like 20 gabillion dollars more than we're paying. The idea of opening the door and letting dogs out to run around aimlessly for an HOUR if I want ... oh, I am just giddy at the thought.

And none too soon ... because our final family topic is our induction date, August 26th at midnight, we jumpstart the process to bring about the newest Muldrow. I'm certainly hoping it could happen spontaneously sooner, but if not, I am totally fine. Because now, there's an end in sight, and if it goes as smoothly as Matthew's did (KNOCKKKKK ON WOOD) it shouldn't be too bad going through an induction again.

Basically, we're doing it because I'm dying to be done and my doc is happy to let me, once I cross 39 weeks and since she's so healthy and it's my second and blah blah. I know some people aren't into induction, but I'm loving this plan. It gives us two weeks to mentally prepare, get in all our "last time" events with just us and Matthew, take advantage of a KICK ASS babysitting offer from TPD and EEJ this Sat. night, wrap up work (for me) and start the school year (for Mike). Oh and choose the name ... though I think we already did; they certainly are returnable, but we DID purchase some initials to hang on her wall. OOOH THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING YOU, I know, I know.

2 comments:

erindelanty said...

That's so funny - this post could be titled hot topics at the delanty's, too (minus the whole baby flipping/induction thing - although Shane did flip over again yesterday, so does that count?)

I was so sad about Bernie Mac. "America..." I still say that. I thought it was so cute how he called the little girl on that show babygirl, that I still do it to this day with my bg.

Olympics? Yup! Totally agree although Tim HATES gymnastics and it almost ruined our marriage last night. Bridget, thankfully, loves every part of them and is pretty obsessed with the sporting events.

Fence? New Delanty fencing and retaining wall going in as I type - huge check about to be written? Yup - painful as ever.

Super excited to watch the little man and even if they aren't old enough to appreciate the AWESOMENESS of a sleepover - I sure am!

You better hide those letters, you never know when nosey Erin is going to be in your house AND I also have spies on the lookout...they're everywhere. BUT, I'm fine being surprised, too! Hooray only 16 more days!

ps - Am I the longest commenter or what? I definitely have tooo much time on my hands.

Sarah Guckes said...

How exciting that there is a date!! Very cool that an end is in sight and you'll be able to hold that precious little girl in your arms!

By the way - I'm sad about Bernie Mac too....he was sooooooooo funny!