Thursday, July 12, 2007

Tired

It has been a loooong post vacation week. I have worked A LOT OF HOURS in the last 6 business days. I am nowhere near where I should be on several projects. I am right this MINUTE making a deadline get later by not working tonight. I WILL be at work at 7 a.m. for the second time this week tomorrow to hit a "first thing in the morning" deadline. I DID send an SOS e-mail to co-workers who have the next piece of work with my project, advising them of its lateness and to be ready for their instantaneous turnaround once they get my piece.

I cannot believe how far away our beach vacation feels ...

GUESS THAT'S WHY I HAD TO PLAN ANOTHER ONE NEXT WEEK!

We are off to Colorado Springs next week, so it's CRUNCH time this week. That and a co-worker having her last day today, and it being our normal "busy season" anyway but this time with extra sugar on top because of several other projects that happen to be hitting at the same time this year. And the other random "Can you help with this?" that always pop up at the wrong times.

(Don't blog about work, don't blog about work.)

Okay, that's it. Had to get it out. "What's on my mind" is WORKKKKKK. Lots of it.

And really, I don't mind. Push time, crunch time, whatever your call it. I'm game, I'm ready. It has not been too busy for quite a while. I'm taking two mini-vacations this month. But. It's just that seeing my son for a total of 4 to 6 hours this week. Well. By Thursday, it's wearing a little thin.

Thank God for weekends, getting past deadlines on Fridays, and DA POOL.

I am really looking forward to some R&R with my little man this weekend. I know he loves Daddy. I know they're having the flipping time of their life. But I know he misses and needs him mommy too. So I've decided that this weekend, he gets me. Fully, and undivided. I have already decided I'm not running errands, doing bills, checking e-mail and blogs (where did the last two hours go?) or any of the usual distractions that keep me from hanging with him. We are doing fun mommy / baby stuff and I will replenish.

And then as a result, have to hit it all double hard on Monday. But so be it.

1 comment:

erindelanty said...

sorry - i'm playing comment catch up. hope you had a nice weekend with the boy and better yet a nice vacation number 2 starting tomorrow!