Friday, August 24, 2007

D Day

Today was Draft day for fantasty football. I looked forward to this as though I was getting dressed up and going out somewhere. Like a ball. Driving home I had butterflies.

This is our four year tradition now. It's the official end of summer and introduction to what's become one of the best times of the year - four months of friends, football (food) and fun.

I can't say I feel that butterfly effect about my team, post draft. Think these little boys are gonna have to grow on me this year. Which they will the minute Team Mandelbobby starts WINNING!!

Today was also Driver's license day. As in, AS OF THIS MORNING (at least for a few hours) I WEIGH WHAT IT SAYS I WEIGH. For the first time since college or maybe high school. Don't know when I, er, departed from the truth on that document. It's been so long, it's laughable. And it's not exactly a fancy hollywood starlet type number we're talking.

But to weigh it is just, well, a real accomplishment. Hopefully I'm making some cranky old lady at the DMV proud.

1 comment:

erindelanty said...

As matthew might say... whhhoooooaaa! That's awesome. I remember that one brief fleeting period in my life where my driver's license weight WAS my actual weight... sigh, maybe one day again a girl can dream... Congrats!