Sunday, November 18, 2007

Why I Hate the Internet and Technology in General

Because somehow it's taken me one hour and 15 minutes of my precious Sunday to:
Call Shutterfly and alert them that my picture order had an odd white border that I didn't order.
Learn they recommend that I upload them again but direct to Shutterfly this time vs. through Picasa.
Upload them.
Wait.
Wait.
For 28 minutes.
Finally review photos and fix red eye on several. Wait for that. (The little hamster in my laptop is running super slow today, it seems).
Painstakingly make decisions on the ones I want/don't want.
Get error screen.
Get back to main screen - AH.
See "O" in the Halloween 2007 photo folder - oh no!.
Realize all pics are unexplainably gone.
Get cursing mad ... realize must start all over.

THIS is why I never get anything done like, oh, print photos from the last 10 months. Two weeks ago I boldly decided that I'm going to order pictures as I take them! And I will start with Halloween, YES! Only to get the technology smackdown.

Next on my to do list was checking our online bank statements but ... God forbid that system's down ... my laptop screen might not survive it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could .. you know .. buy a printer ..