Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Well It's About Time for Some Holiday Cheer

It's been a long time between posts and tonight doesn't hold much more promise for a meaningful update as I need to stop soon and pack for my trip tomorrow.

(Side note: thought I'd catch up on my posting while I traveled last week but somehow between catching up on e-mail and dinnner each night, I just ran out of steam around 9 every night. Somehow just being out of town took it out of me. I think my body sensed there's no baby husband or dogs around to need anything ... and just shuts down ... and demands that I self-soothe (being away sucks) by laying in the hotel bed in my p.j.'s eating ice cream from the hotel shop while watching HBO movies.)

Anyway, since I returned it's been a flurry of holiday fun before I left again. Including a visit to Santa (photo, tears and all TO COME once I figure out my scanner), a pre-Christmas visit with Grama LeBaige and not one but TWO trips to Toys R Us (and I know I'm not done) for various kid gifts.

And then - da da da DA - we got our TREE!


Matthew was pretty interested for a while. "Ball, ball!" and liked to shake them. And two broken as a result.
He got most excited about hanging his little teddy bear ... which was actually MINE when I was a kid. Ah, does it get any better than that?
Must have taken 20 photos to get one showing the lighting decently. A photographer, I ain't.
One cheery holiday task down, 892 to go!

3 comments:

Me? A Mom? said...

The tree looks great. And you look fantastic! Are you still losing weight? You are super slim my friend. Yeah you!!

erindelanty said...

You're ahead of us - we still don't even have a tree and probably won't until right before. :(

I love it though - great minds do stress alike. Oh, and I learned from my mom - they make plastic unbreakable ornaments -but they look super real. She was throwing them all over the lake house with no ornament tragedies. I'm going to get some for the bottom of the tree! :)

erindelanty said...

Just to clarify - my mom was not throwing them all over the house as it sounds like from my previous comment. That would be Bridget throwing them all over the house.