Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Travelin' Woman

Greetings from Philly! I'll be here all week, folks, catch the midnight show. Feels like I've already performed it - twice. Why is it no matter how smoothly business travel goes, it just leaves you ... utterly exhausted? Oh duh, it's the bags, the lines, the shoes off (probably a killer fatigue/foot disease spread to me on Lambert's vinyl floor this morning) and the take out food (fries, chips, lattes, oh my!)

My phone conversations with Matthew really help me get through the week now, though. When he was a baby and I traveled, I couldn't tell him night night, send him kisses, and have his Dada relay that he's kissing the phone in response. I couldn't hear him tucking his babies in, or yelling "MAMA!" when Mike first puts me on speaker. Or have him describe that he ate "orangies" for lunch, or what he's doing right now - "gold car, dwive!"- which of course means driving home from the store in Daddy's gold Pathfinder.

I'm sure it's not exactly easy on him when I'm gone. But he's having a great spring break week with his daddy, so this was fortuitous timing. And now that we can "talk" on the phone, I have direct evidence that he's happy, he's okay, every day and every night, until I'm back to make sure of that again myself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A goodie. We can always count on some good postings when you're traveling!