Thursday, September 4, 2008

Palin Post

I am dying to capture some of my thoughts around this VP choice. But in my post-partum emotional and sleep deprived roller coaster, I'm not sure I've got it all clearly outlined and buttoned up enough to express yet.

For now I will just say that she needs to stop the finger pointing. I don't mean the Obama criticism - go for it. It'll keep flinging back and forth.

I mean, the literal finger pointing and air stab gesticulating - when she talks. SO annoying.

She also must be a robot/alien combo. Which honestly is perhaps a reason TO vote for her? Because I cannot imagine how one can physically return one's self to work 3 days after birth. I could barely physically return myself from the couch to the bed. Or I should say, I could, but not without tears, which I assume wasn't part of her first day back.

As for her record and qualifications, I am not nearly up to speed enough yet to really comment. But I do wish she'd stop repeatedly reminding me how she used to be "just a hockey mom from Alaska." Not really the "take over as head of state in a pinch" quality I'm looking for. Please, GOP campaign peeps - more about her time as governor, and less about hockey and moose wrestling.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Hmmm, I seem to recall Hillary doing a lot of pointing and yelling that I wasn't so fond of either.

Aimee said...

Right but when I agree with her, well, I don't notice that...